---

...

Thursday, June 23

Whatever Happens, We're Definitely Doing It Together

VIDEO - MARRIAGE & DEMENTIA:

A filmmaker explores how Alzheimer’s revealed the true strength of his mother's and father's marriage.




SOURCE:
The New York Times

Comment or Share:

  1. Bless you. Love lasts. My mom is gone. She, too, had Alzheimer's. I, too, stayed by her side. Your wife's heart will always know you even when she cannot call you by name...Love lasts se it in your eyes. She is lucky. The journey is not easy, but you will experience a unique new kind of love as you travel this path together. Sending strength and hope...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I didn't even make it 1/3 of the way through the video before I was swimming in my tears.
    I'm a researcher at UC, Berkeley where my lab has been conducting caregiver research for the past decade and I've interacted with so many caregivers who are just barely learning how to cope with their loved one changing into someone new. My heart goes out to all caregivers.
    If any of you reading are caregivers yourself, I would love to invite you to participate in my lab's current project testing in-home assistive technology for caregivers to those with dementia. I'm very grateful to be conducting research on this underrepresented community. You can learn more about this project here https://research.presencefamily.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments (up to 200 words):