---

...

Monday, October 31

Early-Morning TV News on Wandering Emergency Saves Lost Man with Dementia

WMTW-TV News CrewVIDEO:

WANDERING WITH DEMENTIA is dangerous. 60% of people with Alzheimer's wander sometime. In Robert's case, the surprising ending was happy. When he wandered off around sunset, police dogs began a 16-hour search. After a tense, fruitless night, WMTW-TV arrived early in the morning to broadcast a live update. See Robert startle reporters and police by accidentally wandering right into the newscast.


Comment or Share:

  1. There are kind people in our world. My step father used to wander away from the house for hours. I would be going crazy trying to find him. More than once a kind person would stop their car, get out and kindly ask if he was lost. Earl would say, "Well, I know I live somewhere, but I can't remember the house." Then, they would drive him around until he could identify his home. Earl passed 2 years ago from dementia, my mother just a little over a year ago from Alzheimer's. Bless all of you who know, understand, stop and help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments (up to 200 words):