---

...

Sunday, April 26

Planting New Memories with Horticulture Therapy

GARDENING & DEMENTIA - VIDEO:

In gardening, people with Alzheimer's grow fresh plants & better thinking. See how purposeful, creative work overcomes memory loss, stimulates senses & brings back lost moments.



SOURCE:

Comment or Share:

  1. My mother has recently been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. She has always loved gardening (she's actually a master gardener), so I think I'm going to build her a little indoor garden with artificial grow lights, so that she can continue gardening (it's more difficult for her to garden outdoors these days). I've been growing indoors for years and I think this could be really good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that gardening is a good promotion of better thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments (up to 200 words):